- Category: Site Docs
- Hits: 3333
This web site is dedicated to the honour and glory of God. The motto here is:
If it is in harmony with the Bible, I'll accept it!
If it is not in harmony with the Bible, I'll reject it!
These web pages have been created by Michael John Nisbett. He is a Health Ministry Leader and Elder in a small Seventh-day Adventist church in St. David's, Bermuda. He is both jealous and zealous for the honour and glory of God. He makes it a daily rule to strive for the mastery which only God's grace can supply. He believes that all spiritual power comes by faith in Jesus Christ.He joined the SDA church because it is the only church that he has found which truly believes that the Bible is the only rule of faith for the Christian.He has looked at many other churches and found practices based on pagan rituals, non-Biblical councilandman's traditions. Some of them are:
- Naming of churches after "saints" [from burying martyr's under their altars];
- Saying that the birth of Jesus was on 25 December [from the birthday of the Babylonian sun-god's son, Tammuz];
- Having a Christmas tree [from Pagan groves];
- Celebrating Easter [the worship of Ishtar, the fertility god];
- Purgatory [Catholics];
- Baptism by sprinkling/infant baptism [pagan rituals];
- Saying that the Ten Commandments are abolished;
- Saying that you go to heaven as soon as you die [spiritualism];
- Saying that Jesus was not divine [Jehovah's Witnesses & other New Agers];
- Reading the same prayers from a book week after week [many Catholics and Protestants];
- Righteousness by works;
- The soul is immortal [from Babylonian worship];
- Jesus will not come back to Earth [Baha'i & other New Agers];
- Confession to the priest [Catholics];
- Promoting the celebration of Halloween [from Satanic worship];
- Eating clean and unclean meats/fish is best for our bodies;
- Mary was divine and a virgin all her life [Catholics];
- The Theory of Evolution [many scientists and classroom teachers]; and
- Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday [Fred Price and others].
- Bowing to the cross [from idolatry]; and
- Sunday worship [from worship of the sun].