"And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel."
Some religious sects believe that people become angels after they die. Did these friends of Peter believe he was dead and that he had become an angel? Not if they believed the words of Scripture.
Mark these facts:
1. Angels existed before any human being died (Genesis 3:24), so the existence of angels does not depend on the death of mortals.
2. Angels belong to a different order of created beings (Psalm 8:5).
3. Children have guardian angels assigned to them (Matthew 18:10).
4. Angels witness all we say or do (Ecclesiastes 5:6).
5. They are constantly ministering to the "heirs of salvation." Hebrews 1:14.
In the text under consideration, Peter's friends were undoubtedly talking about his guardian angel.