Freemasonry Exposed By Their Own Writings
(Radio Show Transcript Follows)
The New World Order is coming
Are you ready?
Stand by for insights so startling you will never look at the news the same way again.
FOR THE NEXT 30 MINUTES, YOU WILL BE ON
THE CUTTING EDGE
This is David Bay, Director of Old Paths Ministries.
And this is the Cutting Edge, a radio program dedicated to warning and informing God's people. We are committed to the study and exposition of the inerrant, inspired and authoritative Word of God. The views expressed belong to us, and are not necessarily shared by this station.
Our society is deteriorating, and Bible-believing Christians are ill-prepared to face that deterioration. This radio program is dedicated to preparing God's people to meet the challenges of the Day, and to encourage obedience to the Word of God in being separated from worldliness and false doctrine.
The moral bankruptcy of our society is well-documented.
Few people understand why we have become morally bankrupt. However, when we look at society through the eyes of God, through the Bible, we can easily see why we are facing the unprecedented troubles today. This study of America through the eyes of God is what we will always do try to here; stay with us for some eye-opening truths.
There is probably no area of greater contention than the truth about Freemasonry. Many churches have condemned Freemasonry as non-Christian and have prohibited any of its members from being members. Freemasons, on the other hand, have consistently maintained that, while Freemasonry is not a religion, it is not inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible. They point out that Freemasonry draws much material from the Bible and holds it up to be a great guiding light of all Masons of all ages. Freemasons have also claimed as members many pastors of churches throughout history; indeed, today's Southern Baptist Convention literature reports that at least 40% of active Southern Baptist Ministers are also Freemasons. Freemasons have traditionally answered their critics in one of two ways:
- If the critic is not a Freemason, his criticism is dismissed. Freemasons say he could not possibly know the truth about the society because he has never been a member.
- If the critic is a member which has left the society, Freemasons dismiss his criticism by saying that, for some unknown reason, he has developed an hatred against the society. This hatred not only caused him to leave Freemasonry, it has caused him to print absolute lies in an attempt to discredit and destroy the society.
What is the truth? And, is there any way in which to absolutely determine the truth? Happily, the answer is that "Yes", we can objectively determine the truth. The truth can be firmly ascertained by several avenues.
1. We can examine the writings of Freemasonry's most ardent admirers and promoters. We have already done this on January 11 of this year. We quoted the writings of several New Age authors who believed that Freemasonry was one of the greatest spiritual lights in the world. The most important of these New Age authors was Alice Bailey, who was the most important spiritual leader of what is now referred to now as the New Age Movement, from approximately 1915-1950. Bailey's book, "The Externalisation of the Hierarchy", has been followed for many decades as the blueprint for achieving the New World Order. We can see that this level of faith in this book is founded upon its supernatural authorship. What supernatural authorship, you ask? On page 631, we suddenly are told that the authorship of all Alice Bailey's books, dating from November 19, 1919, was from a demon by the name of Master D.K. Bailey's writings are demonic automatic writings which occur when a demon-possessed person is bodily taken over and the demon writes the intended message through their hands and fingers.
What does Master D.K. say about Freemasonry?
"the Masonic Fraternity...is...the home of the Mysteries, and the seat of the initiation...It is a far more occult organisation than can be realised and is intended to be the training school for the coming advanced occultists..."(p. 511). This is dynamic truth!! This demon is stating that Freemasonry is the training school for the coming advanced occultist. Not only is Freemasonry not Christian, it is now identified as an occultic training school!! But, Master D.K. has other wonderful things to say about Masonry.
"...Mysteries will be restored to outer expression through the medium of the Church and the Masonic Fraternity...When the Great One comes with His disciples and initiates, we shall have the restoration of the Mysteries..." In other words, the Great One, the Anti-Christ will restore the ancient Mysteries, which the Masonic Lodge has preserved these many centuries, as his New World Order Religion.
2. The second method of determining the truth about Freemasonry is to examine their own writings, comparing them with Biblical doctrines. God repeatedly tells us to compare everything we encounter in this world against the unchanging Word of God, to see whether it comes from God or from the Satan. However, it is exceedingly difficult to examine Masonry's own writings, because Freemasonry is a secret organisation which has very successfully hidden its own writings from the outside world.
However, God has been good in causing some excellent original Masonic material to fall into our hands. We shall examine Freemasonry from several Masonic writings today:
- An Introduction to a Masonic Bible. One of our Independent Baptist Fellowship Pastors discovered this Bible in one of his pews following a morning service. He tried repeatedly to locate the person listed in the front of the Bible, but could not. While the Bible itself does not appear to be any different, the Introduction provides great spiritual understanding as to the true nature of Freemasonry. In fact, after studying this Introduction, we simply cannot understand how a trained seminarian could not understand the non-Christian basis of Freemasonry.
- Secondly, we will be quoting from one of the greatest Masonic books of all time, Albert Pike's "Morals And Dogma". Albert Pike is considered one of the great geniuses of Freemasonry, and this book is considered one of the great spiritual Freemasonry books ever. Pike published this book in 1871; our copy was published by the authority of the "Supreme Council of the Thirty-Third Degree For The Southern Jurisdiction Of The United States" in March, 1919.
Stay with us for some eye-opening revelations about Freemasonry, taken from their own materials.
God inspired His Word so that It would be an anchor to all true believers. God's Word, considered in its totality, is designed by God to be the beginning and the end of all things spiritual. This is the reason God repeatedly warned against adding anything to His Word or subtracting anything.
This, in a nutshell, is what Satan does to deceive people and lead them away from God's Truth. On the one hand, Satan takes God's Truth and adds interpretation to it, thus creating deception. Thus, you will see much Scripture quoted in occultic literature, especially Freemasonry. However, this quoted Scripture is either taken out of context or is reinterpreted according to the so-called occultic "principles of Mysticism". This principle is nothing more than a Satanic reinterpretation of God's Truth. Thus, Satan distorts God's Truth by adding to it.
But, Satan also deceives by very cunningly and subtly subtracting from God's Word. In many instances, it is very difficult to ascertain what, if anything, has been omitted. The most infamous of this type of omission is the false teaching that God's Nature is one-dimensional, that It is all Love. But, as we proceed with our study of Freemasonry, we shall see several examples of this practice of deception through omission.
We need to make one final point before we begin our study. Small points of false doctrine or omission matter a great deal. The Bible repeatedly warns that just a small amount of false doctrine ruins the entire loaf of dough. Most people will attempt to dismiss individual instances of error, saying, "That is such a small error; we can ignore it, because so much else is truth". We cannot afford to ignore seemingly small points of error for any reason. This leads us to a corollary truth in studying the false doctrine of Freemasonry. No amount of Truth, no matter how large it may be, can make up for the error which it contains.
Let us now begin our study of the Introduction to the Masonic Bible. This Introduction begins with the Mason's Creed, which is "an expression of the simplest form of the faith of Masonry..." Wait a minute!! Masonry has always claimed that it is not a religion. This word "faith", especially used in this context, always carries the connotation of religion. Thus, from the beginning, Masonry declares itself to be a religion. At this point, we must look at Albert Pike's "Morals And Dogma". On page 213, Pike states, "Every Masonic Lodge is a temple of religion; and its teachings are instruction of religion." Masonry considers itself a religion, its many lies to the contrary notwithstanding.
The Introduction to this Masonic Bible continues with a listing of the key Masonic Beliefs. We do not have the time here to list all these beliefs, but will list only three of great interest:
* "There is one God, the Father of all men".
While there is truth in this statement, this is also a perfect example of great omission. Normal Protestant affirmation in the belief in God always affirms the Truth of the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Every occultic system separates God the Father from the other two parts of the Trinity, as this statement does. This separation is accomplished very subtly, by constantly naming the name of God the Father while hardly ever mentioning Jesus' Name. This fact is devastatingly critical, because the Apostle John states in 1 John 2:22-23, "Who is liar as he who denies that Jesus is the Christ. He is the antichrist who [habitually] denies and refuses to acknowledge the Father and the Son. No one who [habitually] denies the Son even has the Father." By this definition, Freemasonry is advancing the cause of Anti-Christ. This is the reason that New Age leaders, like the demon Master D.K., admire Freemasonry so much. Masonry is advancing the cause of Anti-Christ, the "Great One" which we quoted above.
Let us now continue with a further examination of the Masonic Beliefs as enunciated in the Introduction to the Masonic Bible.
- "Character determines destiny". Greater false doctrine cannot exist; it affects the eternal destiny of precious human souls. Jesus emphatically declares in John 3:18-19 that the basis for deciding one's eternal destiny is whether they accepted Jesus, the Light of the world. "Good" character can exist in a person who is not saved.
- "Man is immortal". This is a partial truth, since our souls never die, but word definition does not allow this interpretation. My Webster's Dictionary defines "immortal" as "not mortal"; it defines "mortal" as "to die". Therefore the meaning of immortal is "to not die". Certainly, this meaning can not be applied to man, since all men physically die. This is precisely the reason that the word "immortal" has always been applied to God, never to man. Therefore, the Masons are very subtly saying that man is god, and does not really die. Indeed, as do most occultists, the Masons believe each man can be "perfected" until he reaches the point where his consciousness level has been sufficiently raised to godhead. Furthermore, Freemasonry teaches that men are reincarnated, another occultic teaching.
At this point, I can hear many Masons saying that they have never heard any such teaching, and they are right. One of the major reasons Freemasonry is so difficult to expose is that they deceive their own members. Leaders of each lodge are constantly evaluating their members, to determine which are capable of learning more "truth" about Freemasonry. If a man is evaluated as not being spiritually ready to receive the truth, he is either not promoted or he is promoted, but given different materials to study than another who was judged to be ready. Again, Pike's respected Masonic book, "Morals and Dogma" provide great light on this important subject of the deliberate deception of their own members. Listen carefully to Pike's words on page 104. Notice, in this passage, that Albert Pike also states Masonry is a Pagan Mystery religion. Listen carefully:
"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries..., conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be mislead...Truth is not for those who are unworthy or unable to receive it, or would pervert it." This absolutely incredible statement means exactly what it says; Freemasonry misleads all people whom its Adepts determine could not accept the Pagan truth, even its own members. But, Pike continues, and this time he defames God. "So God Himself incapacitates many men ...and leads the masses away from the highest Truth..." This statement simultaneously defames God's Nature and reveals the occultic nature of Freemasonry. First, God has clearly set out a simple Plan of Salvation that the masses could clearly understand. In fact, God's anger is over arrogant human pride, and it is only from these type people that God ever hid any spiritual truth. On the other hand, Freemasonry clearly believes the old occultic lie that true spiritual truth is only meant for those few who were willing to submit to the Mysteries, going through their many degrees to achieve "Illumination".
Remember Pike's words, that "Masonry...conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages..." This is Satan's religion, where he misleads the few arrogantly proud with perverted doctrine, and then lies to the rest of the membership and to all who aren't members. Pike has also revealed that deliberate lying is Masonic morality!!
Now, let us examine the great omissions of this Masonic Belief statement. Nowhere in this statement of belief do we see any reference to:
- Man's Inherent Sinfulness
- Jesus Christ as Son of God, as Saviour, or Redeemer
- Ultimate judgement
- Eternal punishment
All these critical issues are conveniently eliminated, and very few people would ever understand the difference. As I read the entire Introduction to this Masonic Bible, I very abruptly realised that the name of Jesus Christ was never mentioned, not once. How can this be?!! Jesus Christ is the supreme reason and message of both Old and New Testaments. Jesus was the fulfilment of all Old Testament symbolism and prophecies. His glory is shouted in every chapter in the New Testament. In eternity, all redeemed creation will continuously shout and sing His praises. How could His wonderful name be completely eliminated from the Introduction to the Masonic Bible? The truth about Freemasonry is becoming more clear, is it not?
The next section of the Introduction is entitled, "The Great Light In Masonry"; it teaches the importance of the Holy Bible to Freemasonry. "Within the covers of the Holy Bible are found those principles of morality which lay the foundation upon which to build a righteous life...that he diligently study therein to learn the way to everlasting life".
While we find nothing here about which to quarrel, we shake our heads at the irreconcilable differences between this statement and the statements in Pike's book, "Morals and Dogma", quoted above. Certainly, the Holy Bible never teaches the "virtue" of deliberate lying.
After expending great and flowery language upon the importance of spiritual light of the Bible, this section closes with the abrupt introduction of two additional spiritual lights; suddenly, instead of Masonry being guided by the one light of the Bible, there are three guiding lights -- the Bible, the "perfect square", and the "extended compass". These spiritual lights are not explained but are definitely placed on the same level of importance as the Bible. Furthermore, this is a splendid example of how Freemasonry takes the truth of the Bible and goes beyond it, to expound further "truths", disobeying God's many injunctions not to add to His revealed Word.
The next section of the Introduction is entitled, "Bible Presentation", and reveals much fatal error in the doctrines of Freemasonry. The author of reveals Masonic teachings about the origin of the Bible. He states, "...the church and religion did not grow out of the Bible. The Bible grew out of religion and the church." Excuse me?!! My Bible says in John 1:1, that, "In the beginning was the Word...and the Word was God...All things were made by Him..." Before God laid the foundations of the universe, His Word, His principles, and His doctrine, existed. Out of the Word of God came the written canon and the true Church. To suggest otherwise is simply a lie of Satan, and it allows the door to "further revelation" to open wide. Stay with us as we show you how really wide this open door has become.
At the end of the third paragraph, the author states two elements of truth and one of falsehood. "So the Great Light...is..a whole library...with the revelation of God's love for man, His purpose for man, and man's effort to reach up to Him." We would agree with the first two statements, but profoundly disagree with the third, that man is making an effort to reach up to God. The Bible teaches a completely different story. It says that man's heart is inherently evil, that his every imagining is evil. Given his choice, man would seek only to satisfy his lower nature, telling God to get lost. Man has hope for eternal life with God only because of God's actions toward man, in the person of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Further, these three teachings of Masonry omit the very critical teaching that God's Nature is more than just love. The Bible is full of God's glory, His hatred of sin, and His inevitable physical judgement of sinful man. This is an omission of major proportions, and it has resulted in the common belief of our day that God is all-loving and could never condemn anyone to eternal punishment in Hell. Now you know where this lie originated -- in Freemasonry.
The next section in this Introduction is entitled, "The Bible In Masonry", and it drops several bombshells. First, in paragraph 2, the author suddenly states again that the Bible is One of the great lights in the order; however, this time, he does not speak of the "perfect square" or the "extended compass". Rather, he identifies other sources of spiritual light which guides Freemasonry. "...by the very honour which Masonry pays to the Bible, it teaches us to revere every book of faith by which men find help for today and hope for the morrow, joining hands with the man of Islam as he takes oath on the Koran, and with the Hindu as he makes covenant with God upon the book that he loves best". It is difficult to contemplate greater blasphemy against Jesus Christ than this statement, that other religions of the world are equal to Christianity. Jesus Himself stated in many ways that, not only was He God, but that He was the only way to salvation. Remember, when Jesus used the words, "I AM", He was saying that He was God, because "I AM" was the name which God gave Himself originally, at the Burning Bush. Jesus applied this "I AM" in the following verses:
- John 6:35, 41, 48, 51. Jesus repeatedly described Himself as the "Bread of Life" which came down from Heaven.
- John 8:58. Jesus claimed His eternity past, as God, when He said, "Before Abraham was, I AM."
- John 9:5. Jesus said He was the "light of the world". He did not say He was one of the lights, but the light. In every occultic system since the time of Jesus, Satan has implanted this false doctrine.
- John 9:39. Jesus emphasised the judgement side of His character, when He stated, "For judgement I AM come into this world". Again, in every occultic system, Satan has ignored Jesus' judgement.
- John 10:7-10. Jesus declared, "I am the door of the sheep". In verse 9, Jesus said, "...by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved".
- John 14:6. Just to ensure no one missed the point that He was the only path to eternal salvation, Jesus finally stated, "I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father but by Me".
Think carefully about this one further moment. To claim that there are other equally valid paths to eternal salvation is to emphatically declare that Jesus' horrible death on the cruel cross was unnecessary. Indeed, many occultists believe that the human Jesus, upon Whom the Christ Consciousness descended at His baptism, lost control of the situation and suffered martyrdom upon the cross. So, Jesus was not Omnipotent God Who was in control of every detail on the road to the cross, plus He was actually stupid to have allowed Himself to suffer such a fate.
No other teaching of Freemasonry does greater damage to the Person of Jesus Christ and His Plan of Salvation than this. To finally ensure that no one misses this point, the author of this Introduction, restates this false doctrine in bold words that no one can misunderstand.
"What Masonry knows...religions are many, but Religion is one...Therefore, it invites to its altar men of all faiths, knowing that, if they use different names for the 'Nameless One of a hundred names', they are yet praying to the one God and Father of all; also, that while they read different volumes, they are...reading the same vast Book of the Faith of Man ...(But) with us, the Bible is supreme. What Homer was to the Greeks, what the Koran is to the Arabs...the grand old Bible is to us."
This is the End Time uniting of all the world's religions into one False Religious System of Anti-Christ. It is no wonder that Master D.K., writing through Alice Bailey, thinks so highly of the role of Freemasonry in establishing the New World Order Religion of the Great One, the Biblical Anti-Christ, whose name will be Maitreya.
The Introduction to this Masonic Bible ends with a section entitled, "Scriptural Quotations And Allusions In The Masonic Ritual". This section details the origin of the myth of the legend of the Master Builder, Hiram Abiff, of King Solomon's temple. Other than twisting some Scripture, this section reveals no further false doctrine.
As you can easily see, this Introduction to a Masonic Bible contains enough false doctrine that we are forced to ask the inevitable question, "How could any trained seminarian read this material without recognising that Freemasonry is not Christian, without understanding that Freemasonry does such great damage to the person and teachings of Jesus Christ that it can only be described as Anti-Christ?" Yet, many trained seminarians over the years, and the Southern Baptist Convention of today, have been so mislead. The only answer possible is that these trained pastors have not insisted upon a reading of Scripture and of Freemasonry material which is properly narrow. Too easily have they dismissed examples of false doctrine, preferring to focus on the many more examples of True Scripture contained within Masonry's writings. And countless souls have been, and will continue to be, deceived and mislead.
We want to close with a quick examination of two other teachings as found in Pike's "Morals and Dogma".
- Pike identifies Lucifer as the source of Freemasonry's spiritual light. On page 321, Pike boldly states, "Lucifer, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name given to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light...? Doubt it not!" Even though Pike admits the name Lucifer was given to the Spirit of Darkness, he still states it is Lucifer whom Freemasonry chooses as its spiritual light.
- Pike denies God's Truth that His Word is eternal, as he states on page 37, "...all truths are Truths of Period not truths for eternity". To the Mason, there is no eternal truth; each generation of men must discover the truths that work for them. This is "Situational Ethics", against which the true Church is struggling in today's public schools and our Mass Media. Now you know where "Situational Ethics" originated, from Freemasonry, taught two hundred years ago.
Finally, we give the honour of the final truth about Freemasonry to Satan himself. Satanic leader, Anton LaVey, states quite clearly in his book, "The Satanic Rituals: Companion To The Satanic Bible", on page 21, "Satanic ritual is a blend of Gnostic, Cabalistic, Hermetic, and Masonic elements..."
Then, LaVey declares, on page 58, that Masonry contains "numerous manifestations of Satanism, namely the goat, the coffin, the death's-head..."
By now, it should be abundantly clear that Freemasonry is a most deceptive, Anti-Christian organisation. No true born-again Christian can be part of Freemasonry. If you have been deceived up to this point, you can be deceived no longer. Your eternal destiny might very well depend upon your obedience to Jesus' command to the Christians in the Great Tribulation, "Come out from her (the false Babylon)...that you may not share in her plagues..." (Revelation 18:4).
Daily, we come closer to the climax of the Ages, the appearance of Anti-Christ, and Great Tribulation, all of which has been greatly aided by Freemasonry.
"Come out of her, My people".
You have been listening to the Cutting Edge, a radio program of Old Paths Ministries.