- 1/3 cup cashew butter, almond butter, or peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup turbinado sugar (granulated cane juice)
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dairy-free carob chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Oil a large baking sheet; set aside.
2. Whisk together first five ingredients until very smooth. Add remaining ingredients, and stir to combine (be sure to thoroughly mix in the baking soda and salt -- you may want to stir these into the flour first).
3. Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until tops just begin to crack. Remove sheet from oven; wait 10 minutes before transferring cookies to a plate or wire rack.