"For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God."
How did Paul become dead to the law through the law?
1. The law pointed out his sin (Romans 3:20).
2. It made sin "exceeding sinful" (Romans 7:13).
3. The law pointed him to Christ (Romans 8:3).
4. Christ gave power to obey the law (Romans 8:4).
5. In Christ he was no longer under the law, but under grace (Romans 6:14).
6. To be under the law means to be guilty of breaking it (Romans 3:19).
7. Through accepting the death of Jesus he was dead to the law because he was no longer breaking it, and it did not condemn him (Romans 7:4).